• The Statue of Unity, which honours India’s first deputy prime minister, Sardar Vallabhai Patel will be unveiled on October 31, 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• The statue dedicated to the ‘Iron Man of India’ has been constructed on a river island called the Sadhu Bet on the Narmada river in Gujarat’s Kevadiya town.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the structure on the occasion of Sardar Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary, dedicating the Statue of Unity to the country.
• At 182 metres, it will be the tallest statue in the world, dwarfing the Spring Temple Buddha in China, currently the world's tallest statue at 128 metres.
• The tribute to Sardar Patel is also twice the size of the Statue of Liberty in New York city in the United States.
© 2018 Eduthrust. All Rights Reserved